Ibotta is seeking an Accountant to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support on special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary, such as NetSuite billing automation, custom reporting and dashboard
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Responsible for daily maintenance of accounts payable activities, biweekly payroll accounting, various expense-side month end close activities
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures (journal entries, reconciliations, analysis).
- Prepare monthly statements and investigate fluctuations for management reporting.
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Assist in monthly internal management and bank reporting
- Assist in processing vendor invoices for payment
- Create process documentation and accounting policies and build schedules to support journal entries and analysis.
- Strive to continuously improve and automate the accounting and reporting process and instill proper financial controls, wherever possible.
What we are looking for:
- Technical Skills: Basic excel skills, NetSuite preferred
- 1-2+ years of overall general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred. Understanding of GAAP
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical business deadlines.
- Should be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team environment.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $50,000-$65,000
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.