**Marin Software is seeking an experienced SEC Reporting Senior to lead the Company’s financial reporting, technical accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley processes. **
**This position will be a key member of Marin’s financial accounting team and will take on primary responsibility for all technical accounting research and its application to both internal and external reporting. This person will assist in the management of the Company’s public accounting firm during the quarterly and annual review audit process. **
**Additionally, the position will assist with the audit needs for the Company’s foreign subsidiaries. **
The position will work with the teams to strengthen the Company’s internal controls and internal audit function to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and reporting requirements are met.
**This position will also play a key role in other operational areas such as assisting the Company’s procurement team when structuring contracts and strategic arrangements, and collaborating with the team members to administer Marin’s equity plans. **
**This position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to leverage an extensive background of technical accounting, SOX, and SEC reporting with the intensity and dynamics of a fast-paced public company. **
- Prepare and review SEC filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks) and assist with XBRL review process;
- Prepare supporting documentation for SEC filings with tie-outs;
- Lead the effort to complete the quarterly and annual GAAP checklist;
- Remain current on new pronouncements and technical accounting issues. Analyze, research and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC and FASB and prepare memorandums summarizing the impact on the Company and corporate accounting policy, specifically as it relates to high interest areas like revenue accounting, stock-based compensation, leases, and equity. Incorporate/modify disclosures arising from new pronouncements.
- Rollforward, format and maintain SEC filings within our cloud-based SEC reporting software;
- Perform US GAAP research and benchmarking against industry peers and provide recommendation;
- Work with a revenue manager to ensure revenue recognition is in line with company policies and US GAAP
- Assist in the management of the audit/quarterly review and PBC request process;
- Support and monitor SOX controls to ensure compliance working directly with the internal audit team;
- Maintain corporate reporting calendar and deliverables;
- Assist with month-end close and financial statement review processes
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements to streamline processes;
- Establish active and effective communication with cross functional partners and ensure strategic initiatives are reflected in SEC filings;
- Interact and support external auditors, internal/external SEC counsel and legal advisors.
- Manage and prepare accounting for stock-based compensation. including stock-based compensation, EPS and equity account reconciliations, in connection with the Company’s equity incentive plans.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration;
- Significant accounting experience, with at least 2+ years of public accounting experience as well as experience working in the external reporting function of a public company;
- CPA license or a progression toward the license is required;
- Experience with Donnelley Financial Software or another well-known reporting package;
- Understanding of XBRL/EDGAR filing requirements;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner with cross-functional teams;
- Good understanding of financial statements, U.S. GAAP, and SEC reporting regulations;
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word;
- Experience with NetSuite beneficial.
About Marin Software:
An ally to online marketers, Marin Software delivers the leading independent multichannel digital advertising platform. Our open solution unites search and social to connect our advertisers with customers wherever they are. This synergy—plus the insight and efficiency we bring to advertising—wins more customers, revenue, and ROI for the world’s top brands. Every day Advertisers and agencies use Marin to manage billions of dollars in annualized ad spend.
Marin Software is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and benefits to support our employees from different background