Who We Are
Mosaic makes the modern home possible by providing financing to homeowners for energy-efficient home improvement projects. Mosaic empowers solar and home improvement professionals to deliver financing through a simple point-of-sale app creating a hassle-free and positive experience for both the contractor and homeowner. Since 2012, Mosaic has originated more than $3 billion in loans across the US. Join our team and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
Location: We are a remote-first company. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
- This position embodies a mix of accounting and operational priorities where you will own:
- Loan origination, transfers, and sales process.
- Understanding of credit agreements for subsidiaries and monthly transactions.
- Revolver draw and pay down process.
- All accounting operations related to subsidiary waterfall calculations and accruals.
- Intercompany and cash transactions for subsidiaries.
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations as well as monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Participate in monthly close, ensuring timely financial statements
- Participate in interim internal and external year-end audit preparation.
- Have a deep understanding of revenue recognition and expense accounting
- Research, document and resolve GAAP issues impacting assigned areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with other team members and managers on continuous improvement of processes and controls.
What you bring to the team
- 4+ years relevant Accounting experience in the Financial Industry. Experience with organizations providing consumer lending products ideal. Other strong backgrounds include credit card companies, equipment finance, auto finance, mortgage, or specialty finance companies.
- Advanced Excel skills required (pivot tables, logic formulas, vlookup, sum functions).
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions.
- Experience in Technical Accounting
- Extensive experience with month-end close, bank reconciliations, and internal/external audit preparation.
- Experience with ERP Systems. Oracle Financials a plus.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Bachelors in Business/Management with an Accounting focus.
- Public Accounting experience preferred. CPA a plus.
We’re on a mission to revolutionize two of the world’s biggest industries, Energy and Finance. We’re looking for purpose-driven individuals to help make it happen.
We focus on the integration of doing good (for the planet) and doing well (financially). We value the well-being of our colleagues and provide benefits that help us work with joy. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and promoting a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Mosaic. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.