Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated AP Accountant to help the company scale our Accounts Payable function. The ideal candidate will have a technical background in payables, and the ability to leverage their expertise to improve processes. This role reports to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with other Finance team members and cross functionally with other departments.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own new vendor setups by acquiring W-9 forms and entering vendor information in the accounting system.
- Ensure all new employees are set up in Concur and Netsuite.
- Audit employee expense reports in Concur and confirm alignment with company policy.
- Manage and improve the company-wide purchase order process.
- Drive all vendors to transition from physical invoices to emailing electronic invoices.
- Create an escalation process with managers for pending invoice approval.
- Assist with managing credit cards charges and validating receipts are captured.
- Review, code and process invoices in Bill.com.
- Reconcile Bill.com to Netsuite and follow up on any variances.
- Have a strong understanding of the business in order to code invoices to appropriate expense and balance sheet GL accounts.
- Monitor communications from employees and vendors ensure invoices are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Document and improve AP processes and procedures.
- Book journal entries and review account reconciliations for AP related close items.
- Serve as functional lead for travel program vendor search and system implementation.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested.
What makes you a good fit:
- 3+ years of relevant experience; Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree.
- Relevant AP accounting experience for high-growth companies, preferably startups.
- Experience with TripActions, Oracle/NetSuite, Bill.com, and Concur or comparable tools.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and execute with precision in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent organization skills, written & verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with management, employees, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direction from management.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.