Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented Revenue Manager with high-growth start-up experience and a solid understanding of GAAP revenue recognition rules. The Revenue Manager will be responsible for owning all aspects of revenue recognition from contract to financial reporting and disclosures. This role will be a key business partner to Sales, Sales Operations, Product Marketing, Business Systems, Data Analytics and FP&A.
How you'll make an impact:
- Lead company adoption of ASC 606 and related capitalization of commissions.
- Review and approve revenue recognition treatment for new products and changes in pricing/packing.
- Serve as the revenue subject matter expert for our implementation of NetSuite’s advanced revenue module and Salesforce to NetSuite integration.
- Manage monthly revenue close including journal entries, account reconciliations and related reporting/disclosures.
- Support annual financial statement audit by maintaining proper records and responding to auditor inquiries for all revenue recognition items.
- Review all customer and partner contracts for terms that affect revenue recognition. Offer the business viable alternatives that minimize adverse revenue treatment.
- Partner with FP&A and our Data Analytics team to build advanced customer and product level revenue and margin reporting.
- Develop all supporting documentation for revenue operations - process flows, work instructions, revenue policy, technical accounting memos, etc.
- Proactively seek to improve and automate processes related to revenue recognition.
- Perform ad hoc revenue analysis and projects as required.
What makes you a strong fit:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in GAAP accounting and revenue recognition in startup and scaled / public company environments.
- NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Preferred experience with multi-product (hardware, software, services, SaaS) fair value / SSP allocations.
- Advanced technical experience in ASC 606 revenue recognition and disclosures.
- Ability to effectively communicate to different levels of the organization both written and verbal.
- Problem solver that can make judgment calls and prioritized based on existing knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with a high-level of accuracy.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.