The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What we do
Working as part of a collaborative Revenue Accounting team, the Revenue Accountant will be a integral part of the Global Finance Deal Desk with a focus on offering guidance to drive deal execution while complying with company policies and procedures and ensure consistency. This position has specific responsibilities in contract review and partnering with Sales, Operations, and Legal teams on proposed deals to ensure proper revenue recognition (ASC 606). Other responsibilities may include general ledger accounting functions and maintaining an effective control environment.
What you’ll do:
- Handle client-facing deal desk issues that bubble up through the sales/contracts and billing operations processes.
- Review customer contracts and evaluate for appropriate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with revenue recognition policies (ASC 606), collaborating with cross-functional teams including Legal, Sales, Operations and Finance.
- Help evaluate non-standard contract terms and identify relevant accounting, billing, and operational impacts.
- Ensure approvals for non-standard deals have been properly documented, escalated to the right approval levels, and resolved within reasonable time frames.
- Assist in new partner creation, account and rate setup.
- Manage monthly spend trackers for various contract commitments and related pricing changes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to investigate and respond to inquiries regarding contracts and partner set-ups.
- Become a subject matter expert on deal operations and the revenue accounting cycle to identify and implement process improvements.
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities, including SOX controls, as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned when needed to support the business.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or on path to obtaining CPA License, preferred.
- 0-4 years of experience working in accounting or finance deal desk, preferably with experience in revenue accounting under ASC 606 and experience with reviewing revenue contracts.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), internal controls, and SEC reporting, preferred.
- Intermediate or above level of proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel) required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce, Docusign, Incorta, JIRA is a plus.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.