What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
- Jr level role: 0-2 years of public accounting auditing or relevant internal audit experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Data Analytics, or related fields
- Certification of CPA or CIA (or actively working towards)
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience
- Working knowledge of internal control concepts, US GAAP, PCAOB, SOX 404, and COSO
- Proficiency with technology including MS Office applications; experience with analytics tools such as Power BI, Alteryx, or Tableau is a plus
- Ability to understand complex financial accounting systems and processes
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, positive attitude and an eagerness to learn
We'd love to see:
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and imperfect information
- Ability to handle multiple projects keeping due dates in mind, demonstrating project management skills
- Close attention to detail, strong sense of organization, proactive attitude and critical thinking skills
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
Impact You'll Make:
As part of our 2020 transformation journey, we became Global Audit & Advisory (GAA), formerly Internal Audit. The Global Audit & Advisory team is an independent and objective assurance function, performing consulting activity to add value to improve the operations of TU. GAA assists the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's risk management, control, and governance processes.
GAA collaborates with Business Unit and Functional leadership and their Associates in developing strong, professional and independent relationships to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the business to enable value added recommendations that improve efficiency and effectiveness. In addition, the group also maintains a strong collaboration with the company’s external auditor to perform management’s SOX testing activities in an efficient manner.
As a Specialist I, you will have the opportunity to learn about the systems, products, strategies, and people at TransUnion in relation to how the internal control framework operates over financial reporting processes. The Specialist I supports the audit cycle in performing audit engagements throughout the organization by participating in meetings and executing testing under the direction of GAA management. A Specialist I participates in the preliminary planning, audit execution, and reporting on all audit engagements. In addition, the Specialist I works with the manager in developing risk mitigation strategies and promoting compliance with policies, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Prior to and during each audit, become familiar with the business processes. Based on established audit scope and objectives, identify and document the key control objectives and develop the necessary audit test procedures at the direction of GAA management
- Attend process walkthroughs and take diligent notes throughout
- Perform audit test procedures for assigned audits, document test results for upper level review, and promptly raise any potential audit issues found in testing to GAA management
- Produce high quality audit workpapers that support the conclusions reached
- Assist in preparing written audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls evaluated
- Acquire auditing knowledge through self-study and guidance of GAA management
- Take ownership of the assigned tasks and interact with other GAA members in working towards Departmental goals
- Actively participate in operational and SOX audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting for domestic and international locations
- Interact with the Company’s external auditors and provide assistance as needed during the SOX control testing processes, including attending walkthrough meetings and performing testing on their behalf
- Evaluate compliance with Company polices and procedures and regulatory standards
- Build collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders (appropriate levels of management)Work closely with process owners/control owners and cross-functional teams (US and International) to provide ongoing SOX support and ensure controls are designed and implemented effectively
- Execute special projects and process improvements on ad-hoc basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.