Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
**You have excellent communication, organizational, time management and analytical skills. You have a positive, “can do” attitude, who is ready to jump in, connect the dots, and make things happen. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something is not working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You have a strong inclination of building standard, simple and fully automated processes. This position will be part of the revenue team. **
- Lead and assist with NPI (New Product Initiatives) offerings and analyses. Be the main point of contact between the revenue team as a whole and cross functional teams such as Sales, Product Managers, Pricing, Legal, Order Management, Deals Desk, and Finance.
- Owner of revenue team’s NPI checklist, act as a project manager as well as a SME in providing ASC 606 technical revenue assessment and facilitating requirements and downstream impacts with the entire revenue team including revenue systems/reporting, and revenue accounting/ops
- Participate and provide ASC 606 SME advice related to new products/programs such as pricing committee meetings, and drive decisions towards optimal business outcomes with highest level of automation
- Partner with business stakeholders in creating new offerings or go-to-market strategies to optimize revenue and support systematic operationalization
- Prepare and/or review audit-ready memos for revenue related non-standard contracts, revenue programs, new products/services, 10Q/K if needed
- Be an ASC 606 SME by researching and evaluating accounting positions in support the wider revenue team
- Mentor and develop junior staff members on the team, contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture with highest integrity and sense of ownership
- **When needed, assist in the calculation and/or review of revenue to be recognized on significant revenue arrangements. **
- When needed, partner with revenue operations, accounts receivable, and GL team with month-end close, SOX 404 compliance and responding to external auditor’s request
- Bachelor’s or above Degree in Accounting or Finance
- **CPA, Big 4 experience with advisory role highly desired **
- 7+ years of progressive experience in technical revenue and/or revenue accounting
- Experience in revenue recognition standard (ASC 606) is a must
- Experienced in writing complex technical accounting position papers
- Proficient with MS Excel, SQL knowledge a plus.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross functional organizations.
- NetSuite, Zuora, and Salesforce or similar large application experience a plus