Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
**Internal Audit is seeking an Staff Auditor who can work with cross-functional teams to execute value-add financial and operational audits, participate in the risk assessment process, conduct investigations, and assist in the facilitation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance across Zoom. This is a high-visibility opportunity where you can identify key issues and make measurable improvements throughout a dynamic company. **
The successful candidate will be able to provide contributions in each audit area, apply technical knowledge, sound business judgment, and partner with key stakeholders. You are expected to review business processes, develop risks and controls, execute test procedures, analyze data to detect unmitigated risks or deficient controls, and recommend process improvement opportunities.
**You must be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated technical and operational issues in business terms. You must be comfortable performing as both an individual contributor and a teammate that can collaborate cross-functionally within Zoom. You are expected to stay abreast of business trends and emerging technology and understand the role of data analytics in a successful function. **
This position reports to the Manager of Internal Audit and is based in San Jose, CA, but can be remote. Candidate must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (when applicable).
- Support the execution of enterprise risk assessments, operational and financial audits, and investigations as needed.
- Support our annual SOX internal control assessment process as needed. Work closely with our internal stakeholders and external auditors to ensure the testing is performed timely and effectively.
- Review and compare financial metrics and internal controls against evolving industry trends and best practices, identify gaps, and propose creative, pragmatic solutions for potential financial and IT risks and control issues.
- Assist in designing and delivering audit programs to address relevant risk and audit assertions across Zoom
- Support the team in Interpreting the significance of audit findings using data analytics tools, concluding on findings and making practical recommendations. Manage work requirements to meet assigned initiatives.
- **Prepare portions of audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations. **
- Communicate with, and educate, process owners effectively, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, process excellence, and the role of Internal Audit.
- Build trust and maintain positive relationships with internal partners and cross-functional teams
- Help to drive SOX deficiencies to closure.
- Identify audit issues and perform root cause analysis with practical corrective solutions.
- As necessary, perform follow-up on assigned audit report action plans to ensure their timely resolution and document evidence of action item remediation by business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; or relevant MBA
- 0-2+ years of relevant experience in a Big Four firm or with a large global public company in audit and/or operations.
- Recognized professional certification(s) (CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CFE) is desirable but not required
- ** Understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principals.**
- Experience in working with data analytics (i.e. Alteryx, ACL, Tableau, etc.), and other emerging technologies such as robotic process automation and machine learning is highly desired
- SQL fluency or a strong desire to learn preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to build relationships across all functions within the company; nationally and internationally
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment experiencing rapid growth and change
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise, detailed, and clear oral and written reports
- Demonstrates a strong sense of curiosity and willingness to get a deep understanding of the business, processes, technologies, and risks to provide value and insights and help us improve and achieve our goals
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides), LucidCharts and large ERP systems
- Experience working with SOX control frameworks, especially with technology and/or SaaS companies is preferred
- Working knowledge of control principles (e.g. COSO), financial and operational processes, risks and risk management, and IT general controls
- Strong attention to detail to monitor and assess completeness and accuracy of information.
- **A team-player with a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and positive can-do attitude. **